Across the world, individuals and families are limiting their time in public and communal places; our daily lives of work, school and socialization look different than they did only a few weeks ago. During this time, ACE encourages all people to keep moving – whether that’s at home, with your family or in a safe place outside. In fact, the CDC recommends adults participate in at least 150 minutes a week of cumulative moderate or vigorous physical activity!
Daily movement can increase your endorphins, allow for some fresh air and decrease your stress levels by moving. Here are some pro tips:
- Partner up! Grab your partner, spouse, or another family member and take over the living room or back yard with some great music and some body weight exercises.
- Keep it social. Set up a video workout with a friend or family member, far away or next door.
- Start a new habit. If you are just starting out, break up your workouts into multiple 10-15-minute sessions each day.
- Have fun! Laugh, dance, enjoy. Everyone is good at movement, so take your time to enjoy doing it.
Check out the following articles and webinars to get inspired on ways to stay active and healthy in this uncertain time as well as other tips to boost your mood and reduce stress.
Work with Clients
Exercise Ideas, No Equipment Needed
- 102 exercises in the ACE Exercise Library
- Top 25 At-Home Exercises
- Your Functional Core
- Lean Legs Bodyweight Exercises (Video)
- Too Busy to Exercise? 4 Crucial Exercises You Can Do In 5 Minutes
- ACE’s Kickstart Workout, A Week-by-Week, 3-Month Exercise Program
- The Upper-Body/Lower-Body/Heart-and-Lung/All-in-One/Totally Free Workout – Stairs
- HIIT in the Park with Tabata (Intermediate/Advanced)
- ACE Yoga playlist (Video)
Family Fitness Ideas
- Family Fitness Day: Healthy Activities for the Whole Family
- Simple Obstacle Course for Kids
- 5 Winter Activities for Kids
- Animal Inspired Yoga for Kids (Video)