Recertification for ACE Personal Trainers, Health Coaches,
Group Fitness Instructors and Medical Exercise Specialists
Your ACE Certification sets you apart and indicates the utmost credibility and commitment to your clients and employers. In order to keep delivering on your mission to get people moving, you are required to maintain a current ACE Certification and demonstrate your continued competence through continuing education credits (CECs) and certification renewal every two years.
The ACE Certification renewal process is simple, and you do not need to retake the exam. Just follow the 4 Easy Steps to Renew below and you'll keep moving forward with the career you love.
4 Easy Steps to Renew
Earn 20 hours of
Complete 20 hours of ACE-Approved continuing education credits (2.0 CECs) during your two-year certification renewal cycle. That's only 10 hours (1.0 CECs) per year.
- The start and end dates of your ACE Certification cycle is the time period in which you must complete your continuing education.
- Your continuing education must be ACE-Approved. Select from thousands of courses from ACE Continuing Education and ACE-Approved providers.
- In addition to ACE-Approved courses, there are also alternative ways to earn CECs. Download 12 Creative Ways to Earn CECs.
Enter your CECs into My ACE
CECs from ACE courses are automatically entered into your My ACE Account. For other ACE-Approved providers, enter the course (CEP) number, CEC value and completion date using this easy tool.
- Courses that have not yet been ACE-Approved can be petitioned for CECs. View FAQs about the petition process.
- You cannot repeat continuing education courses to fulfill your renewal requirements.
- CECs can only be applied toward the renewal cycle in which they are completed. While additional continuing education is always encouraged, CECs in excess of the required 2.0 will not be rolled over and credited toward future certification renewals.
- If you hold multiple ACE Certifications, CECs for one ACE Certification can be applied to another ACE Certification as long as they are completed within that certification's renewal cycle.
Update your CPR/AED information
As a health and exercise professional, it's vital that you're prepared if a client experiences a life-threatening event, which is why ACE requires you to maintain a current adult CPR/AED certificate. You can easily update your CPR (and AED if you are in the U.S. or Canada) certification details in your My ACE Account. Plus, earning this certification is worth up to 0.4 CECs! View CPR/AED course options.
Renew your ACE Certification
Once everything has been completed, simply click the "Recertify Now" button on your My ACE Account, select the certification(s) you are renewing, agree to the affirmation statement and submit your application. Then go to your shopping cart and pay the renewal fee. Done! You're renewed for two years, and have gained new skills to advance your career and help more people reach their goals.
ACE Certification Renewal Fees
Whether you hold one or multiple ACE Certifications, the renewal process remains the same and you never have to retake the exam. Renewal rates are reduced for each additional ACE Certification. If your ACE Certification has expired, it may be eligible for reinstatement and renewal rates will increase depending on the length of expiration.
- One Certification $129
- Two Certifications $69 each
- Three Certifications $59 each
- Four Certifications $49 each
Grow your career as you maintain your ACE Certification
While continuing education is one step in the ACE Certification renewal process, it's also the best investment you can make toward your future. As you earn CECs, you'll be building knowledge in areas that you're passionate about, which will expand your skill set as a professional and empower you to gain a broader, more varied client base. Check out our robust offering of continuing education that's backed by ACE-sponsored research and available in many formats, at a great value.