CPR Certification & Training
Because of the importance and criticality of hands-on skills needed to effectively perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), the American Council on Exercise does NOT recognize any CPR course that is taught online without a live, hands-on skills assessment verified by a qualified CPR instructor. Therefore, only a course where participants are awarded a CPR card by demonstrating skills will be accepted.
PLEASE NOTE: During the COVID-19 crisis there is extremely limited availability of live skills-checks for CPR/AED in response to the CDC’s social distancing recommendations. To accommodate ACE certification candidates and ACE Certified Professionals who need to recertify, we are temporarily waiving the live skills-check requirement through June 30, 2022.
If you enroll in a blended CPR/AED course that includes online and live, in-person components, we will accept a certificate of completion for just the online portion to satisfy your CPR/AED requirements to sit for the exam or renew your certification.
Preferred US & Canada Provider: ResusciTech™
A quick, on-demand CPR/AED certification course is available at your fingertips with the Smart Certification™ app.Learn More
Domestic CPR Providers
International CPR Providers
- Canadian Heart Foundation — www.RedCross.ca
- Heart and Stroke Foundation (Canada) — www.HeartAndStroke.ca
- Royal Lifesaving Society (United Kingdom) — www.rlss.org.uk
- Fire and Safety Training (Ireland) — www.safetyireland.com
- Nazionale di Salvamento (Italian Resuscitation Council) — www.salvamento.it
- Resuscitation National Society (Italian Swimming Federation) — www.federnuoto.it
- German Red Cross — www.drk.de
- South African Red Cross Society — www.RedCross.org.za
- Red Crescent Society (Saudi Arabia) — www.ifrc.org
- Philippine National Red Cross — www.redcross.org.ph
- Emergency Rescue Unit Foundation (Philippines) — www.eruf161.com
- Singapore Lifesaving Society — www.SLSS.org
- National Heart Foundation of New Zealand — www.heartfoundation.org.nz/
Sign up to receive relevant, science-based health and fitness information and other resources.