Did you know ACE has a Resource Center to support you while you’re preparing for your certification exam? If you ever have a question or concern related to your studies (or a health and fitness question in general), we are happy to help you to the best of our abilities. This blog focuses on all the ways that our Resource Center can help you along the way, and provides some guidance on how to get the most out of your studies.
The sooner you contact the Resource Center in your studying journey, the better! This way we can discuss what materials you have and what study methods work best for you, and create a timeline that will align with your personal completion goal. Here are some reasons why you might contact the Resource Center:
- You are feeling stressed, overwhelmed, frustrated or confused about your studies. Study coaches are the first to admit that this information can be a lot to understand! We know that trying to take it in all at once is like trying to eat an elephant in a single sitting. We can, however, point you in the right direction on how to approach a topic to break that information into bite-sized pieces. Please don’t hesitate to call us when you start to feel this way because a simple call can go a long way toward easing your anxiety.
- You have questions or concerns about the material, practice exams or quizzes. If you get to a topic or even a whole chapter that isn’t making sense, let us know—we are happy to explain it! We often recommend reading each chapter and keeping a list of topics that don’t make sense or questions that you might have. Then after each chapter, give us a call and we can go through your questions together to make sure that you feel confident with the material.
- You have an upcoming exam and you’re unsure if a topic is going to be heavily emphasized on the exam. Let’s face it, there is so much information that it can be a little challenging deciphering what to dive into and where a general understanding is sufficient. While, technically, anything in the books is fair game for the exam, we can point you in the right direction of how to approach a topic so that you’re only focusing on the portion of information that is essential to your understanding for the purposes of the exam. Also, we gear our Exam Preparation Blog toward addressing the best way to address common topics of concerns, so try checking there for more information. Chances are if you have a question about something, there’s a blog about it!
- You’ve failed an exam and want some guidance before retaking another exam. As study coaches, our primary purpose is to help you prepare and ultimately pass your exam. We want you to be successful, and are here to support you. If you’ve taken one of our certification exams and have been unsuccessful, please call us so we can go through your failed exam and highlight areas where you’re doing well and areas where you need to improve. We can also help direct you to more effective study methods and make recommendations about how much more time you likely need to prepare to be successful on the exam.
- You need assistance accessing or navigating your materials. It can definitely be overwhelming or challenging to keep track of all your study materials, so if you ever need help accessing them or trying to figure out the best way to use your materials, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re happy to walk you through them.
- You need consistency and accountability. While it may not be the same as being in a classroom setting, study coaches are happy to help you as often as needed. We highly encourage you to set a specific day and time (e.g., Thursdays at 3 p.m.) to call us and get all your questions answered for the week (or whatever your personal schedule might be).
There are so many different resources that are available to you free of charge, so be sure to take advantage of them to get the most out of you studies:
- Live Study Coaches: We have a team of study coaches here 7 a.m. – 6p.m. PST, Monday through Friday to answer your questions or concerns.
- Blogs: Obviously, if you’re reading this you’re aware that we have an Exam Preparation Blog, but did you know that we write these blogs based on how often we receive questions on a given topic? If you’re struggling with a topic (risk stratification, physiological assessment, etc.), chances are there’s a blog about it! In our blogs, we try to not only help you understand a topic, but we try to apply the material to the types of questions you could see on the exam.
- Facebook Q&A and Study Tips: The ACE Fitness Certification Study Center page is another resource that enables both exam candidates and ACE study coaches to answer questions. We also have LIVE Q & A Sessions where you can ask questions or start discussions and get responses from a study coach and fellow exam candidates. The following LIVE Q&A schedule begins June 3, 2014:
- Tuesdays: 8:30-9 a.m. PST – See Topic Schedule
- Wednesdays: 11-12 p.m. PST – Free Topic
- Thursdays: 3:30-4 p.m. PST – See Topic Schedule
Finally, while we wish we could help every single person who comes our way, there are some situations for which the Resource Center would not be the best place to call. Please be sure to contact the appropriate departments if you have one of the following inquiries:
- Questions Related to Exam Registration: If you have a question regarding voucher expiration dates, CPR/AED questions, etc., you can reach Exam Registration Department at 800-825-3636, Ext. 783, or email@example.com.
- Questions Related to Continuing Education Credits: If you had any questions or concerns regarding our different certifications, purchasing study materials, exams or continuing education, please contact our Educational Services Department at 800-825-3636, Ext. 782, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are so many ways that ACE’s study coaches can assist you with your studies, so I hope this blog has given you the information you need on how you can get the most out of your studies and how we can enhance your learning experience. Again, if you ever have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 800-825-3636, Ext. 796, or at email@example.com where our study coaches attend the line 7 a.m.–6 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday. Please allow 24 hours for response.