- 2 large pink or ruby-red grapefruits
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
- 8 cups roughly chopped romaine lettuce, (about 2 hearts)
- 1 cup sliced radishes, (about 8 radishes)
With a sharp knife, remove the peel and white pith from grapefruits and discard. Cut the grapefruit segments from the surrounding membranes, letting them drop into a small bowl. Working over a large bowl, squeeze the remaining membranes to extract the juice. Set the segments and juice aside separately.
Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler. Line a broiler pan or baking sheet
Toss chicken, dry mustard, garlic powder, cinnamon, coriander, ginger, pepper and salt in a large bowl until the chicken is well coated. Place on the prepared pan in a single layer.
Broil the chicken until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, sugar and hot sauce into the reserved grapefruit juice until smooth. Add the cooked chicken and lettuce; toss to combine. Serve the salad topped with radishes and the reserved grapefruit segments.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 310
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fat: 12g
- Protein: 30g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Potassium: 730mg
- Sodium: 641mg
- Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 3 very lean meat, 2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1