Barbecue Portobello Quesadillas for Two
This smoky mushroom-filled quesadilla is reminiscent of pulled pork. A touch of chipotle chile pepper adds extra heat. Serve with coleslaw and guacamole.
Nutirion Profile: Diabetes Appropriate Healthy Weight High Calcium High Fiber High Potassium Low Calorie Low Cholesterol
- 1/4 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, (see Note), minced, or 1/8 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1/2 pound portobello mushroom caps, (about 2 1/2 medium), gills removed, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 8- to 10-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 6 tablespoon shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Combine barbecue sauce, tomato paste, vinegar and chipotle in a medium bowl.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add onion and cook, stirring, until the onion and mushrooms are beginning to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to the bowl with the barbecue sauce; stir to combine. Wipe out the pan.
Place tortillas on a work surface. Spread 3 tablespoons cheese on half of each tortilla and top with one-fourth (about 1/2 cup) of the filling. Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently to flatten.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in the pan over medium heat. Add the quesadillas and cook, turning once, until golden on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes total. Cut each quesadilla into wedges and serve.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 311
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Fat: 13g
- Protein: 11g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Potassium: 771mg
- Sodium: 710mg
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 other carbohydrate, 1 high-fat meat, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
ACE® Pro Compass has arrived!
It's time to map out the career you want. ACE® Pro
Compass will steer you in the right direction across all
stages of your professional journey.
Get in the Know
Stay connected with us to get the latest health and fitness news, innovative workouts, healthy recipes and wellness tips.