Warm Salad of Thyme-Crusted Tuna & Arugula
This quick dinner salad would also be great with seared salmon, scallops or shrimp.
Nutirion Profile: Diabetes Appropriate Gluten Free Diet Healthy Weight Heart Healthy High Potassium Low Calorie Low Carb Low Cholesterol Low Sat Fat Low Sodium
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound tuna steaks, 1 inch thick, cut into 4 portions
- 3 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 6 cups arugula, stems removed
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise, seeded and cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, slivered
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, slivered
To make vinaigrette: Whisk oil, vinegar, shallot and garlic in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
To make salad: Rub oil all over tuna. Sprinkle the tuna with salt and pepper. Press about 1 teaspoon thyme leaves into each side.
Heat a large heavy skillet (not nonstick) over high heat until very hot. Add the tuna and sear until browned and crusted on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Turn the tuna over and cook until browned, about 2 minutes more for medium-rare.
Meanwhile, combine arugula, tomatoes, basil and mint in a large bowl. Toss with reserved dressing. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Slice the tuna into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Divide the salad among 4 plates, mounding it to one side. Fan the tuna slices around the salad. Serve immediately.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 266
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fat: 14g
- Protein: 28g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Potassium: 546mg
- Sodium: 203mg
- Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 4 lean meat, 2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
ACE® Pro Compass has arrived!
It's time to map out the career you want. ACE® Pro
Compass will steer you in the right direction across all
stages of your professional journey.
Get in the Know
Stay connected with us to get the latest health and fitness news, innovative workouts, healthy recipes and wellness tips.