This Thai-restaurant favorite comes together at home in less time than you'd ever imagine possible.
Nutirion Profile: Diabetes Appropriate Gluten Free Diet Healthy Weight Heart Healthy Low Calorie Low Sat Fat
- 4 ounces dried rice noodles
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup sliced scallion greens
- 3 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoon chopped dry-roasted peanuts
Soak rice noodles in warm water to cover in a large bowl until they are limp and white, about 20 minutes.
Heat oil over high heat in a wok until very hot. Add the garlic and stir-fry until golden, about 10 seconds. Add the egg and cook, stirring, until scrambled, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp and stir-fry until they curl and turn pink, about 2 minutes.
Drain the noodles and add to the wok, tossing with tongs until they soften and curl, about 1 minute. Add bean sprouts, scallion greens, vinegar, fish sauce, sugar and chile-garlic sauce; toss until the shrimp are fully cooked and noodles are heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with peanuts and serve immediately.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 385
- Carbohydrates: 51g
- Fat: 9g
- Protein: 24g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 89mg
- Potassium: 375mg
- Sodium: 857mg
- Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 vegetable, 2 lean meat, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 3 1/2
Get in the Know
Stay connected with us to get the latest health and fitness news, innovative workouts, healthy recipes and wellness tips.