Peanut Noodles with Shredded Chicken & Vegetables
If you can't find a bagged vegetable medley for this easy noodle bowl, choose 12 ounces of cut vegetables from your market's salad bar and create your own mix.
Nutirion Profile: Diabetes Appropriate Healthy Weight Heart Healthy High Fiber Low Calorie Low Cholesterol Low Sat Fat Low Sodium
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chile-garlic sauce, or to taste (see Ingredient note)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 12-ounce b fresh vegetable medley, such as carrots, broccoli, snow peas
Put a large pot of water on to boil for cooking pasta.
Meanwhile, place chicken in a skillet or saucepan and add enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, shred into bite-size strips.
Whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, chile-garlic sauce and ginger in a large bowl.
Cook pasta in the boiling water until not quite tender, about 1 minute less than specified in the package directions. Add vegetables and cook until the pasta and vegetables are just tender, 1 minute more. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Rinse the pasta and vegetables with cool water to refresh. Stir the reserved cooking liquid into the peanut sauce; add the pasta, vegetables and chicken; toss well to coat. Serve warm or chilled.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 363
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fat: 12g
- Protein: 29g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- Potassium: 287mg
- Sodium: 348mg
- Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 3 lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Get in the Know
Stay connected with us to get the latest health and fitness news, innovative workouts, healthy recipes and wellness tips.