Seafood Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
Crab and scallops combine with creamy avocados and a spiky orange dressing for a salad that's light, summery and very fast. The recipe can be easily doubled or tripled.
Nutirion Profile: Gluten Free Diet Heart Healthy High Fiber High Potassium Low Cholesterol Low Sat Fat
- 4 medium dry sea scallops, (see Ingredient note), quartered (about 3 ounces), tough muscle removed
- 1 small grapefruit, preferably ruby-red
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces lump crabmeat
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved (see Tip)
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add scallops and cook until firm, opaque and just cooked through, about 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool.
Slice 1/4 inch off the bottom and top of the grapefruit; stand it on a cutting board. Using a sharp paring knife, remove the peel and pith. Hold the fruit over a medium bowl and cut between the membranes to release individual grapefruit sections into the bowl, collecting any juice as well. Discard membranes, pith, peel and any seeds. Transfer just the grapefruit sections to a serving bowl.
Whisk shallot, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper into the bowl with the grapefruit juice. Whisk in oil in a slow, steady stream. Add the scallops and crab to the dressing; toss well to coat.
Add lettuce, tomatoes and avocado to the bowl with the grapefruit; toss to combine. Add the seafood and dressing; toss gently.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 441
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fat: 31g
- Protein: 30g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Potassium: 1029mg
- Sodium: 569mg
- Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fruit, 4 lean meat, 2 fat (mono)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Get in the Know
Stay connected with us to get the latest health and fitness news, innovative workouts, healthy recipes and wellness tips.