Pork with Dried Apples & Prosciutto
Our favorite fall flavors come together in this simple skillet supper, united in a tangy cider sauce. Accompany the pork with mashed potatoes—perfect for soaking up the sauce.
Nutirion Profile: Diabetes Appropriate Gluten Free Diet Healthy Weight Heart Healthy Low Calorie Low Sat Fat
- 2 thin-cut boneless pork loin chops, (8 ounces), trimmed of fat
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 thin slice prosciutto, (1 ounce), chopped
- 1 cup apple cider
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided (see Tips for Two)
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage, or 1/4 teaspoon rubbed dried sage
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until browned on both sides, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Add prosciutto and cook, stirring constantly, until browned, about 1 minute. Transfer to the plate.
Add cider, apples, 1/4 cup broth, vinegar and sage to the pan and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples have softened, 4 to 6 minutes.
Stir together mustard, cornstarch and the remaining 1/4 cup broth in a small bowl. Add to the pan and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Return the pork and prosciutto to the pan and simmer, turning the pork to coat, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 369
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fat: 11g
- Protein: 30g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 77mg
- Potassium: 454mg
- Sodium: 663mg
- Exchanges: 2 1/2 fruit, 4 lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 212
Book with the Best
Reach your goals! Find and schedule an ACE Personal Trainer with ease. Save the energy for the workout. Meet Your Match
Get in the Know
Stay connected with us to get the latest health and fitness news, innovative workouts, healthy recipes and wellness tips.