- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup finely diced celery
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 pounds 93%-lean ground turkey
- 1/3 ounce dried porcini mushrooms (1/2 cup), ground to a powder in a spice grinder or a mini food processor
- 1/3 cup dry whole-wheat breadcrumbs, (see Tip)
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan with cooking spray.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add celery and onion. Cook, stirring often, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add cremini mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until they give off their moisture and it mostly evaporates, about 5 minutes. Pour into a large bowl; cool for 10 minutes.
Stir in egg, turkey, ground porcini, breadcrumbs, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt and pepper until well combined, taking care not to overmix. Use a scant 3/4 cup to form an oval loaf about 4 inches long and 21/2 inches wide. Transfer to the prepared pan. Make 5 more loaves with the remaining mixture.
Bake the loaves until lightly browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of one registers 165°F, 35 to 40 minutes. Slice and serve.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 231
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 26g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Potassium: 832mg
- Sodium: 376mg
- Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2