- 6 small all-purpose potatoes, such as Yukon Gold, cut into wedges
- 6 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch slices
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled, quartered lengthwise and cut into 2-inch slices
- 1 head garlic, separated into cloves and peeled
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 pounds bone-in chicken pieces, skin removed
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, plus 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a large roasting pan with cooking spray.
Combine potatoes, carrots, parsnips, garlic and oil in the roasting pan. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; toss well. Season chicken with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper and place, skinned-side down, in the center of the pan with rosemary sprigs. Sprinkle with chopped rosemary. Roast the chicken and vegetables for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine mustard and honey in a small bowl.
Turn the chicken over and stir the vegetables. Brush the chicken with honey-mustard mixture. Continue roasting, stirring vegetables once or twice, until the chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, 25 to 35 minutes more. (If the chicken is done before the vegetables, remove and keep warm while vegetables finish cooking.) Serve immediately.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 474
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Fat: 8g
- Protein: 46g
- Dietary Fiber: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 130mg
- Potassium: 1697mg
- Sodium: 363mg
- Exchanges: 2 starch, 4 vegetable, 3 very lean meat, 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 3