- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon piment d’Espelette, (see Tip) or a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Spread pecans on a large baking sheet. Roast until fragrant, about 12 minutes. Watch carefully so they don’t burn.
Combine brown sugar, salt, thyme, rosemary, pepper and piment d’Espelette (or cayenne) in a small bowl. Transfer the roasted pecans to a large bowl, drizzle with oil and toss well to coat completely. Sprinkle with the spice mixture and toss again. Serve warm or let cool completely and store in an airtight container.
- Serving: Per 2-tablespoon serving
- Calories: 107
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fat: 11g
- Protein: 1g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Potassium: 58mg
- Sodium: 53mg
- Exchanges: 2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 0