- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 cups chopped yellow onions
- 2 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 thin slice baguette, toasted
- 24 peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, (26-30 per pound)
Place raisins in a small bowl and cover with boiling water; set aside for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until the onions are softened and beginning to color, 5 to 10 minutes. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden brown, 15 to 25 minutes more.
Drain and chop the raisins; add to the onions along with capers, dill, pepper and salt. Cook uncovered, stirring, for 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool for at least 30 minutes.
Top each slice of bread with 1 tablespoon onion spread and 1 shrimp.
- Serving: Per bruschetta
- Calories: 61
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fat: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Potassium: 95mg
- Sodium: 100mg
- Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2