- 12 plum tomatoes
- 4 tablespoon garlic oil, (see Note), divided
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 whole-grain baguette, cut into 24 slices, or 12 pieces whole-grain bread, cut in half
- 6 ounces thinly sliced Serrano ham, (about 24 slices; see Note)
To prepare tomatoes: Preheat oven to 300°F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise and place on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle each half with some oil, some oregano and salt. Roast for 2 hours. When cool enough to handle, coarsely chop the tomatoes and transfer (with juices) to a serving bowl.
To serve tapas: Shortly before serving, preheat oven to 350°F.
Place bread on a baking sheet and brush with some of the remaining garlic oil. Bake until slightly crispy, but not hard, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Let cool slightly. To serve, arrange the bread on a large platter with ham and the bowl of tomato mixture for spreading.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 152
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fat: 7g
- Protein: 9g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Potassium: 221mg
- Sodium: 484mg
- Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1