- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs, (about 20 wafers)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules, dissolved in 2 teaspoons hot water
- 24 ounces 1% cottage cheese, (3 cups)
- 12 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, (1 1/2 cups), cut into pieces
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) chocolate, melted
- 16 chocolate-covered coffee beans, (optional)
Preheat oven to 325°F. Put a kettle of water on to heat for the water bath. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Wrap the outside bottom of the pan with a double thickness of foil.
To prepare crust: Blend crumbs, sugar, oil and coffee in a small bowl with a fork or your fingertips. Press into the bottom of the pan.
To prepare filling: Puree cottage cheese in a food processor until very smooth, stopping once or twice to scrape down the sides. Add cream cheese, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cocoa and cornstarch. Process until smooth. Add egg, egg whites, coffee, vanilla, salt and chocolate and blend well. Pour into the crust-lined pan.
Place the cheesecake in a roasting pan and pour in enough boiling water to come 1/2 inch up the side of the springform pan.
Bake the cheesecake until the edges are set but the center still jiggles, about 50 minutes. Turn off the oven. Spray a knife with cooking spray and run it around the edge of the pan. Let stand in the oven, with the door ajar, for 1 hour. Transfer from the water bath to a wire rack; remove foil. Let cool to room temperature, about 2 hours. Refrigerate, uncovered, until chilled.
Before serving, garnish the cheesecake with chocolate-covered coffee beans, if using.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 228
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fat: 8g
- Protein: 10g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
- Potassium: 209mg
- Sodium: 310mg
- Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate, 1 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2