- 12 ounces 93%-lean ground beef
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapenos
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas, warmed (see Tip)
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
Position oven rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler. Coat a broiler pan with cooking spray.
Gently combine ground beef, beans, cilantro and jalapenos in a medium bowl (do not overmix). Shape into four 5-by-2-inch oblong patties and place on the prepared pan.
Broil the patties until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 165°F, 12 to 14 minutes.
Meanwhile, mash together avocado, salsa and garlic powder in a small bowl.
Place tortillas on a clean work surface. Spread each with the guacamole, then sprinkle with lettuce and cheese. Top each with a burger and roll into a wrap. Serve immediately, with lime wedges.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 394
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fat: 17g
- Protein: 28g
- Dietary Fiber: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Potassium: 810mg
- Sodium: 634mg
- Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2