- 6 cups arugula, tough stems removed
- 4 green olives, pitted and quartered
- 4 large dried dates, pitted and quartered
- 1 orange, peeled, sectioned and sliced into chunks
- 1/4 cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- 8 ounces chicken tenders
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup crumbled aged or fresh goat cheese, (see Note)
Place arugula, olives, dates and orange chunks in a large salad bowl.
Place breadcrumbs on a large plate; roll chicken in the breadcrumbs to coat. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden and just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; cover and keep warm.
Add orange juice concentrate, water and vinegar to the pan. Stir in mustard and let dressing boil for 30 seconds. Add salt and season with pepper to taste. Add half of the warm dressing to the salad; toss gently to mix.
Divide the salad between 2 plates. Cut the chicken into thin slices. Top each salad with the chicken, goat cheese and remaining dressing.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 379
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fat: 15g
- Protein: 36g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 89mg
- Potassium: 483mg
- Sodium: 654mg
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 4 1/2 very lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: