- 1/2 cup Maple Barbecue Sauce, (recipe follows)
- 14 ounces extra-firm tofu, preferably water-packed
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, (3 ounces)
- 1 cup grated carrots, (2 medium)
Make Maple Barbecue Sauce.
Drain and rinse tofu; pat dry. Cut into 1-inch cubes. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook, turning from time to time, until browned on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the pan. Add broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms and carrots; cook, stirring often, until just tender, about 4 minutes. Add the barbecue sauce and bring to a simmer. Stir in tofu and serve.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 215
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 9g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Potassium: 593mg
- Sodium: 102mg
- Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 fat (mono), For Maple Barbecue Sauce, 1/2 other carbohydrate
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2