- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti, or linguine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 1 7-ounce ja roasted red peppers, drained, rinsed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled ricotta salata, or feta cheese
Cook pasta in boiling salted water until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and add roasted red peppers and capers. Season with salt and pepper.
Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta-cooking water. Drain the pasta and add to the roasted pepper mixture.
Return pan to the heat, mix in reserved pasta-cooking water and heat through, stirring constantly. Divide pasta between two shallow bowls and sprinkle with ricotta salata (or feta). Serve immediately.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 310
- Carbohydrates: 53g
- Fat: 5g
- Protein: 12g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Potassium: 131mg
- Sodium: 561mg
- Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 3