- 12 ounces whole-wheat bow-tie pasta
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 small red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 9-ounce pa frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, or 1 14-ounce can, rinsed
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water until cooled. Set aside.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until no longer pink inside, 2 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the pan. Add peppers, shallots and garlic, and sauté until the peppers are tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Add to the reserved chicken.
Add broth, vinegar and rosemary to the pan and bring to a boil. Add artichokes and the reserved pasta and cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Return the reserved chicken mixture to the pan and toss with the pasta. Taste and adjust seasoning and sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve warm.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 375
- Carbohydrates: 51g
- Fat: 8g
- Protein: 28g
- Dietary Fiber: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Potassium: 497mg
- Sodium: 151mg
- Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 1/2 very lean meat, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 3