- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoon dry sherry, or Madeira (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon miso, preferably dark (see Note)
- 4 pitted prunes, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces turkey cutlets
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 4 ounces white or cremini mushrooms, thickly sliced (2 cups)
Combine water, orange juice, sherry (or Madeira) and miso in a medium bowl; whisk until smooth. Add prunes and rosemary; set aside.
Place flour in a shallow dish. Season turkey with salt and pepper and lightly dredge in the flour, shaking off excess.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
4.Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in the pan over medium heat. Add shallot and mushrooms; cook, stirring, until browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the miso mixture; cook, stirring, until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
Reduce heat to low and return the turkey and any accumulated juices to the pan. Simmer gently, spooning sauce over turkey, until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 334
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fat: 11g
- Protein: 32g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Potassium: 479mg
- Sodium: 430mg
- Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 4 very lean meat, 2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 112