- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 ounces Italian-style turkey sausage
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 14-ounce c diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, undrained
- 2 15-ounce c cannellini beans, rinsed
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 16-ounce p prepared polenta, cut into 1/4-inch slices
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking up clumps with a wooden spoon, until no pink remains, about 3 minutes.
Add wine and stir, scraping up any browned bits. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 6 minutes. Stir in beans, reduce heat to low and simmer until heated through, 5 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, brush remaining 1 teaspoon oil over bottom of large cast-iron skillet (preferably one with ridges) and heat pan over medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook polenta slices until crusty, about 3 minutes per side.
Divide polenta slices among 4 plates and spoon stew over the top. Serve immediately.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 217
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fat: 6g
- Protein: 10g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Potassium: 21mg
- Sodium: 978mg
- Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 medium-fat meat, 1/2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1