Although anyone may complete the courses for a Specialty Certification, ACE will not recognize you as a Specialist unless you hold one of the following NCCA-accredited certifications or equivalent professional credentials:

NCCA-accredited Certifications

Health, Fitness, Wellness, Allied Health, and Health Care

American Council on Exercise (ACE)
  • Personal Trainer
  • Group Fitness Instructor
  • Health Coach
  • Advanced Health and Fitness Specialist
Academy of Applied Personal Training Education (AAPTE)
  • Personal Fitness Trainer
Action Certification
  • Personal Trainer
American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
  • Personal Trainer
  • Health/Fitness Specialist
  • Clinical Exercise Specialist
  • Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist
The Cooper Institute (CI)
  • Personal Trainer
International Fitness Professionals Association
  • Personal Fitness Trainer (IFPA)
National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
  • Personal Trainer
National Council for Certified Personal Trainers (NCCPT)
  • Personal Trainer
National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF)
  • National Certified Personal Trainer
National Exercise and Sports Trainers Association (NESTA)
  • Personal Fitness Trainer
National Exercise Trainers Association (NETA)
  • Personal Trainer
  • Group Exercise Instructor
National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)
  • Personal Fitness Trainer
National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
  • Personal Trainer
  • Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
Pilates Method Alliance (PMA)
  • PMA Certified Pilates Teacher
ptaglobal (PTAG)
  • Personal Trainer
American Clinical Board of Nutrition (ACBN)
  • Diplomat American Clinical Board of Nutrition
Commission on Dietetic Registration
  • Dietitian Technician, Registered
  • Registered Dietitian
  • Board Certification as a Specialist in Renal Nutrition
  • Board Certification as a Specialist in Sports Dietetics
  • Board Certification as a Specialist in Oncology Nutrition
  • Board Certification as a Specialist in Pediatric Nutrition
  • Board Certification as a Specialist in Gerontological Nutrition
National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification (NATABOC)
  • Entry-Level Athletic Trainer Certification
National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT)
  • Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
  • Occupational Therapist Registered
National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification, Inc.
  • Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
National Commission for Health Education Credentialing
  • Certified Health Education Specialist
  • Master Certified Health Education Specialist
Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCa)
  • Strength and Conditioning Coach

Comparable Credentials

Meet ACE Specialty Certification Prerequisites

Allied Health Professionals with Licensed Credentials
  • Medical Doctor (M.D.)
  • Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.)
  • Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.)
  • Physician Assistant (PA)
  • Physical Therapist (PT)
  • Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
  • Registered Nurse (RN)
  • Licensed Nurses (LPN, LVN)
  • Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM)
  • Medical and Nursing Specialties (multiple)
  • Naturopathic Doctor (ND)
  • Registered Kinesiotherapist (RKT)
Teachers with specific State-issued Certification or License
  • Physical Education Teachers
  • Adaptive Physical Education Teachers
  • Health Education Teachers

Don’t see your credential? You may petition ACE to accept it as a pre-requisite requirement to become a Specialist by clicking here.