- Continuing Education
Corrective Exercise for the Kinetic Chain
|Provider:||IDEA Health and Fitness - Cruz Bay|
|CEC Credits:||ACE 0.2 CECs|
Help Clients Successfully Transition from Physical Therapy to Full Activity
How many of your clients have aches, pains or diagnosed injuries? Understanding how to properly progress a client to full activity is imperative for personal trainers. Recorded live at IDEA World 2019 and taught by Lauren Shroyer, MS, ATC, ACE Senior Director of Product Development, this introductory course on orthopedic exercise will teach you the anatomy and biomechanics of the lower body kinetic chain and how to apply and progress lower-extremity exercises to improve efficiency, decrease pain and more effectively meet your client’s needs and goals.
You will learn:
- The concept of the kinetic chain as it relates to movement
- About ground reaction force and its impact on the kinetic chain
- Lower body integrated biomechanics for optimum function
- The five steps of successful program design
- How to apply the five steps of successful program design for clients with lower body movement dysfunction
- How to perform and cue exercises that improve movement efficiency in clients with lower body movement dysfunction
Keep on the Cutting Edge
Receive unique offers and information on specialist programs, workshops, free webinars and more.
The American Council on Exercise reserves the right to discontinue the sale and/or support of any continuing education course at any time, in order to cancel, correct, or update content based on current industry standards, guidelines, and/or technological advances. Notification will be given six months prior to expiration to allow for course completion. No refund will be given for expiring courses.