0.1 ACE CECs
- Continuing Education
Code of Ethics and Conduct for ACE Certified Professionals
CEC Power Pass
|Provider:||ACE - American Council On Exercise|
|CEC Credits:||ACE 0.1 CECs|
Understanding How to Function Within the ACE Code of Ethics and Conduct
As part of your leadership role in the health and fitness industry, it’s important to remember that the ACE Code of Ethics governs the ethical and professional conduct of all ACE Certified Professionals when working with clients, the public or other health and exercise professionals. Acting in accordance with the ACE Code of Ethics and Professional Practices and Disciplinary Procedures at all times will increase client safety and create a more positive experience for them to spread the word about your services.
This engaging refresher course will not only give you an overview of how to uphold the ACE Code of Ethics while being certified, but also a comprehensive understanding of the Code as well as the consequences and potential public harm that can come from violating each of its principles. Through 10 case studies, you will further understand the topics of professional boundaries, confidentiality, client referral, conflict of interest, gift policies, certification misrepresentation, misuse of intellectual property, negligence, scope of practice and which role you should play in certain situations.
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Identify the purpose of and how to function within the ACE Code of Ethics and Conduct
- Understand and operate within the scope of practice for the certification(s) that you hold and identify when to refer clients to the appropriate qualified professional
- Establish and maintain professional boundaries (e.g., physically, emotionally, and verbally) and client privacy
- Determine if an ethics violation has occurred and what steps to take if appropriate
- Apply the learnings in this course to various professional situations
The content in this course is important for both the safety of ACE Certified Professionals and their clientele, and is to be applied by ACE Certified Professionals when working directly or indirectly with a client.
American Council on Exercise reserves the right to discontinue the sale or support of any product at any time, to remove, correct, or update content based on current industry standards, guidelines, or technological advances. Notification will be given to those who have purchased such products six months prior to expiration. No refund will be given for expiring products.