Functional training continues to grow in popularity as the foundation for fitness and sports conditioning programs. If you’re not sure what functional training entails, you’re not alone.
But being “in the know” could give your personal-training business a huge boost.
Training to improve posture, movement efficiency and overall muscular performance related to various activities defines functional training. From improving a sedentary client’s ability to perform everyday activities, such as rising from a sofa or walking up a flight of stairs, to enhancing an athlete’s performance in high-level competitions by mimicking explosive, ballistic activities, functional training can benefit all clients.
ACE’s new one-day Functional Training and Assessment Workshop has been especially designed to enhance your know-how of functional training and applies skills based on the new ACE Integrated Fitness Training® (ACE IFT®) Model.
Upon successful completion of this hands-on workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Differentiate between correctible and non-correctible postural deviations
- Conduct postural assessments and movement screens
- Describe the relationship between mobility and stability
- Define and discuss primary movements
- Explain key mechanics of movement
- Develop and implement restorative exercise programs to restore good posture
- Design and implement core-training progressions
- Teach movement patterns
Mark your calendars for the new Functional Training and Assessment Workshop on March 10, 2012. Earn 0.8 CECs by attending a live workshop near you: Boston, Mass.; Portland, Ore.; Salt Lake City Metro Area and Murray, Utah; Richmond, Va.; and Atlanta, Ga.
Call 800-825-3636, Ext. 713, or visit the ACE Continuing Education Center to find ConEd workshops in your town. Explore ACE’s ConEd on-demand options available online anytime.