According to the manufacturer, this tubing is designed to condition the muscles of the lower body, allowing for forward, backward, side-to-side and diagonal movement activities to develop muscular strength, endurance, agility and balance. Available in very light resistance (yellow), light resistance (green), medium resistance (red), heavy resistance (blue). Instruction sheet included.
ACE Expert Review
Xercuff tubing is a circular elastic resistance tube with two nylon cuffs equipped with Velcro® for strapping around the lower legs. The device is promoted as a resistance exercise tool designed to condition all the muscles of the lower body, as it provides increased resistive range of motion for forward, backward, side-to-side and diagonal movement activities. An exercise instruction sheet detailing proper usage and various exercises is provided with the purchase of each Xercuff.
What we liked:
- The large circumference of the Xercuff tubing is optimal for training large, range-of-motion activities, such as lunging and wide-stance training.
- The cuffs are padded and comfortable when attached to the lower leg, even when the leg reaches the end of its range of motion when performing wide-stance activities.
- Xercuffs are lightweight and portable.
What we didn't like:
- The large circumference of the Xercuff tubing can be awkward because the resistance is slack during most of the range of motion, unless the exerciser is tall with the ability to reach a very wide stance.
- Strapping the Xercuff around the ankles can be awkward because one cuff has to remain outside the tubing loop, whereas the other cuff has to be positioned inside the tubing loop.
October 9, 2009
Where to Buy