According to the manufacturer, the Perfect Pushup is comprised of rotating handles to allow arms to rotate the same way they do when throwing a punch or pressing up a dumbbell. The product was developed by a US Navy SEAL to engage muscles in the arms, chest, shoulders and back, and reduce strain on wrists and elbows. It is designed for users of all fitness levels. Kit includes 2 patent-pending pushup handles, and instructional DVD and instructional poster.
Materials: Rubberized grip handles; Base: 8” rubber bottoms
ACE Expert Review
The Perfect Push-up is an exercise device that allows the user to support his or her bodyweight on rotating handles during various forms of the push-up exercise.
The handles are purported by the manufacturer to “maximize strength in the arms, shoulders, chest, back and abdominals while reducing joint strain” at the wrists.
For additional information, see the ACE Research Study on the Perfect Push-Up.
What we liked:
- The Perfect Pushup is a budget- and space-friendly piece of exercise equipment.
- The device effectively targets the chest, shoulders, and triceps muscles.
- The Perfect Pushup provides an appropriate challenge to exercisers who have good shoulder stability and health.
What we didn't like:
- The Perfect Push-up could increase the risk of injury for those who have shoulder problems or lack the strength to maintain shoulder stability.
- The device is limited in terms of the range of exercises that can be performed with it.
October 9, 2009
Where to Buy