According to the manufacturer, the Airex Balance Pad is designed with closed-cell, sanitized foam that does not absorb water. It is intended to combine both exercise and balance skills to increase strength, stamina, differentiation, and coordination.
Materials: Closed-cell, sanitized foam; Size: 20 x 16.4 x 2.5 inches; Weight: 4 pounds
ACE Expert Review
The Airex Balance Pad Elite is a lightweight, rectangular foam pad that can be used to enhance balance skills, stamina, and coordination. Each side (top and bottom) is identical and can be used to perform lying, seated, kneeling, or standing exercises. The Elite model comes with a non-skid surface on both sides to prevent slipping. The soft foam cushion resists water and is sanitized to inhibit bacterial growth.
What we liked:
- The pad is lightweight (1.6 lb) and portable.
- The coating on the pad is resilient and easy to wipe clean, which makes maintenance simple.
- The soft foam is very comfortable and provides ample cushioning for joints.
- The Airex pad is suitable for balance work for exercisers who cannot tolerate an intense balance challenge.
What we didn't like:
- Although the Airex Balance Pad Elite is promoted to have a non-skid surface on each side, it does not live up to this claim. The product tends to slide around beneath the feet when standing on it.
- The pad is a bit pricey for a piece of foam.
- The pad is suitable for beginners who are first incorporating balance work into their exercise programs and for older adults or those with sensory problems. However, if you progress past the beginner stage, the pad becomes less useful.
October 9, 2009
Where to Buy