Informative and helpful
- Continuing Education
The Yellow Brick Road: A 4-part framework for coaching clients in pain
|CEC Credits:||ACE 0.5 CECs|
Get Personal with Pain
Millions of Americans live with chronic pain, and as a result, many may fear being physically active. You can be the key to alleviating the pain your clients are experiencing so they can get moving again. The first step is to identify and investigate the psychological and environmental factors contributing to their pain experience. The Yellow Brick Road course will teach how to get people with pain moving, both physically and emotionally.
Created and taught by Kevin Murray, CAFS, CPT, who holds an M.A. in Counselling Psychology and is founder of Movement Masterminds and Director of Education for Function First, and Anthony Carey, M.A., MES, CSCS, an international biomechanics and corrective exercise expert, Yellow Brick Road is designed to help you create positive, lasting transformations for your clients by focusing on what transpires before a biomechanical evaluation or exercise program even takes place. You’ll learn to understand your clients outside of their movement limitations so you can offer a multidimensional and personalized strategy, transforming their lives for the better.
The millions who suffer from chronic pain are in desperate need of relief, but pain can be a complicated riddle to solve. The Yellow Brick Road will help you understand the multiple dimensions of chronic pain so that you can help your clients alleviate it. You will become confident throughout the client intake process and know precisely what to do with clients who have tried many options. Whether you’re a health coach, personal trainer, strength and conditioning coach, physiotherapist, chiropractor or a massage therapist, Yellow Brick Road’s framework is designed to fit into and complement your specific area of movement expertise.
You will learn:
- To present a unified, scientifically-oriented framework focusing on biological, psychological and environmental factors involved in safely and successfully coaching clients in pain.
- To identify the theory and principles associated with Needs Psychology.
- How to outline the biopsychosocial model and its three-dimensional influence, with an emphasis the psycho-social aspects as it relates to clients in pain.
- To provide in-depth analysis into the Yellow Brick Road’s 5 Dimensions of Relationship Building and the interpersonal aspects involved in creating a mutually trusting one-on-one coaching environment.
- The four steps to helping clients create new and empowering scripts of possibility, referred to as the Yellow Brick Road “Possibilities Paradigm.”
As a health coach in the MSK field I work with clients in pain. I found this course very helpful, especially in it's approach to supporting clients dealing with pain.
This course was much more detailed than the previous one hour overview. Excellent information was presented. Slides with more bullet points would be helpful as would keeping the slides up a little longer.
Keep on the Cutting Edge
Receive unique offers and information on specialist programs, workshops, free webinars and more.
The American Council on Exercise reserves the right to discontinue the sale and/or support of any continuing education course at any time, in order to cancel, correct, or update content based on current industry standards, guidelines, and/or technological advances. Notification will be given six months prior to expiration to allow for course completion. No refund will be given for expiring courses.