While sports conditioning continues to be a popular fitness trend, there is growing concern among some members of the fitness community that it may not be appropriate for certain clients. The problem? Often times, personal trainers implement advanced drills without considering the purpose of the drills, or if they are necessary or appropriate. These actions can potentially do more harm than good.
ACE’s new, live Sports Conditioning Workshop addresses these concerns and teaches personal trainers how to tailor sports-conditioning drills for specific populations, along with progressions in intensity, complexity and movement that are suitable to their clients' skills and conditioning levels. Held nationwide, this interactive, hands-on workshop first addresses the science of sports conditioning and training the energy pathways, and delivers a systematic approach to designing sports-conditioning sessions and programs. In addition, participants will learn about the skill-related parameters of fitness, such as balance, agility, coordination, speed, reactivity and power.
Whether for fun or performance, the exercises, drills and movement patterns you'll gain in ACE's Sports Conditioning Workshop will add a new dimension to programming for your personal training practice!
Upon successful completion of this workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Define key considerations for developing sports-conditioning programs.
- Conduct a thorough needs assessment to design sports-conditioning workouts for clients.
- Design appropriate skill- and conditioning-level drills, exercises and movement patterns that address all skill-related parameters of fitness.
- Demonstrate and instruct a variety of drills, exercises and movement patterns for all conditioning levels.
- Discuss key nutritional and hydration strategies to help improve performance.
Workshops are now scheduled for San Diego and New York, with spots expected to fill quickly!