1.0 ACE CECs
- Continuing Education
Oh Baby! Fitness® Pregnancy and Postpartum Exercise Instructor Training
|Provider:||Oh Baby! Fitness Prenatal and Postpartum Training|
|CEC Credits:||ACE 1.0 CECs|
Empower New and Expectant Mothers to Build Strength and Confidence
Pregnancy, childbirth and motherhood are incredible—and can sometimes be incredibly difficult. The physical, mental and emotional changes that new and expectant mothers experience is nothing short of life-changing. Each pregnancy is unique and beautiful, but many women struggle with pain, discomfort, and physical and emotional stress, both during and after pregnancy. The power of exercise and movement can make a monumental difference in their lives.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, approximately 4 million babies are born in the U.S. each year—with 4 million new and expectant mothers struggling to regain their pre-pregnancy bodies, energy and confidence. For these mothers, a little movement can go a long way.
Regular exercise during and after pregnancy can alleviate pain, improve posture, build the stamina needed for labor and delivery, and relieve stress. There’s even evidence that physical activity may prevent gestational diabetes. Exercise is good for everyone—and especially beneficial to new mothers. That’s why doctors are increasingly encouraging women to exercise regularly both during and after their pregnancies.
Despite growing demand, there is a dearth of qualified health and fitness professionals who possess the specific knowledge and skill set to lead these crucial pre-and postnatal exercise programs.
The Oh Baby! Fitness® Pregnancy and Postpartum Exercise Instructor Training opens countless opportunities for those who want to help new and expectant mothers regain strength and confidence, overcome postpartum depression, and forge a stronger bond with their child through the power of physical activity. The course is taught by Oh Baby! Fitness owners Kathleen Donahoe, a leading perinatal fitness instructor who has trained thousands of new and expectant moms, and Clare Schexnyder, a former CNN producer for Dr. Sanjay Gupta, who was inspired to found Oh Baby! Fitness after the birth of her child —and her own experience with post-partum depression.
Completing this training will allow you to reach a growing and untapped market, and gain lifelong clients in the process.
You will learn:
- The science behind how pregnancy affects women’s bodies during and after pregnancy, and how these changes relate to exercise programs and physical activity.
- A variety of exercise modalities and modifications designed specifically for pregnant and postpartum women.
- To develop safe, effective and fun exercise programs that can be customized to meet the physiological and psychological needs of each individual client.
- How to effectively communicate with clients to describe the physical changes pre-and postnatal women undergo, and offer exercises that foster a healthier pregnancy and ease recovery.
- How to assess each client’s needs based on pregnancy trimester and/or fitness level, and how to modify exercises to correspond with their physical needs throughout pregnancy and beyond.
Very helpful for training my clients
Very interesting and useful!
Keep on the Cutting Edge
Receive unique offers and information on specialist programs, workshops, free webinars and more.
The American Council on Exercise reserves the right to discontinue the sale and/or support of any continuing education course at any time, in order to cancel, correct, or update content based on current industry standards, guidelines, and/or technological advances. Notification will be given six months prior to expiration to allow for course completion. No refund will be given for expiring courses.