Provider: ACE - American Council On Exercise
Type: Online Course
Online Content
Online Quiz
Recorded Video
CEC Credits: ACE 0.2 CECs , ACSM - American College Of Sports Medicine 2.0 CECs

Using Wearable Data to Boost Business and Keep Clients Motivated

Fitness tracking has changed how many exercise professionals now work, providing a way to work fewer hours, while charging a more competitive training rate and earning more. As a personal trainer or health coach, you may only be able to meet with your client face to face once or twice a week. That accounts for just 2% of your client’s waking time during a week. What is your client doing the other 98% of their time? What if by using technology you could keep them accountable, inspired and motivated.

By establishing a reliable system through the use of wearable technology, exercise professionals like you can now keep your current clients on track and motivated throughout the week, and add more clients to your roster. In this video training, you will explore the many ways to empower your clients using their collected wearable data, allowing you to create an even more personalized and more effective workout. You will learn how to use simple data analysis methods you can create on an Excel spreadsheet combined with a powerful communication system that allows you to improve your effectiveness with your clients, which can mean better results for them and more clients for you!

Led by Dr. Ted Vickey, Founder and President of FitWell LLC, ACE Senior Advisor for Fitness Technology and Professor of Kinesiology teaching the business side of fitness and effective uses of disruptive health technology at three US universities, you will gain insights into the best apps and wearables to use with your clients.

Upon completion, you will be able to:

  • Understand how to collect and interpret fitness data from your clients
  • Create personalized exercise programs based on collected fitness data
  • Communicate your data driven approach with clients
  • Develop a new business model using data with the potential to reach more clients

CEC Credits

Approved by the following organizations for continuing education hours:

ACSM - American College Of Sports Medicine
2.0 CECs

ACSM - American College Of Sports Medicine CEC Approval

The American College of Sports Medicine's Professional Education Committee certifies that "American Council on Exercise" meets the criteria for official ACSM Approved Provider status from (2021 - December 2023). Providership # 687637


This was excellent. Dr. Vickey brought us into the 21century! Much needed tools for ALL Fitness Professionals

Excellent and so many valuable tips plus free resources. This is a MUST see for the modern day fitness professional.