0.1 ACE CECs
- Continuing Education
Shared-Use Agreements for Outdoor Fitness
CEC Power Pass
|Provider:||ACE - American Council On Exercise|
|CEC Credits:||ACE 0.1 CECs|
Understanding Shared-Use Agreements to Expand Your Programs Outside the Gym
While the COVID-19 health crisis has forced more than 20% percent of health and fitness centers to shutter their doors, it has also opened up new opportunities to make exercise and physical activity programs accessible and safe for all (Club Industry, 2021). Although virtual programs have gained popularity, shared-use agreements create another safe alternative for those who may not be comfortable in a traditional gym or may not typically have access to physical activity programs.
In this course, you’ll learn from a panel of experts on how shared-use agreements can deliver physical activity and exercise programs in parks and other public spaces. Designed for health and exercise professionals and physical activity advocates, this course covers the basic advocacy tenants and best practices for these types of permits.
Shared-use spaces not only give your clients something fresh, but also gives your business an opportunity to attract new clients in a new space. Led by Amy Bantham, DrPH, ACE Certified Health Coach and Group Fitness Instructor, and CEO/ Founder of Move to Live More, this panel of experts will give you the knowledge to adapt and expand your services outside during the pandemic and beyond. You’ll also hear from:
- Graham Melstrand, ACE Executive Vice President, Engagement?and Physical Activity Alliance Advisory Board Member
- Megan Gamble, ACE Certified Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor, Co-Founder of?POWERfit
- Sameera Rao, Development Project Manager for the City of San Diego Planning Department and leader of the Spaces as Places initiative.
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Implement tips and tricks for working with a local government and positioning yourself as a health and exercise professional
- Understand basic knowledge of what a shared use agreement or similar permit may look like
- Leverage best practices for the use of shared spaces
American Council on Exercise reserves the right to discontinue the sale or support of any product at any time, to remove, correct, or update content based on current industry standards, guidelines, or technological advances. Notification will be given to those who have purchased such products six months prior to expiration. No refund will be given for expiring products.