Operation FitKids Unveils New Fitness Center at Hoover High School During Grand Opening Event
ACE Donates $100,000 in Fitness Equipment
What: Grand opening of new Operation FitKids fitness facility and ribbon-cutting ceremony at Hoover High School in San Diego. Several students will be on hand to work out and demonstrate many of the new pieces of equipment.
The San Diego City Council will recognize ACE’s efforts to renovate the facility with an official proclamation to be presented at the ceremony.
Where: Hoover High School, 4474 El Cajon Blvd., San Diego
When: 10:00 a.m. Wednesday, January 26, 2005
Why: Operation FitKids was the vision of ACE President Ken Germano to provide equipment and educational resources to area schools and community centers. To date, OFK has provided more than $6 million in equipment donations to schools and community centers across the country.
Who: Public officials and local personalities appearing at the event include:
- Ken Germano, ACE president and founder of Operation FitKids
- C.S. Keys, FOX 6 News sports anchor
- Doug Williams, Hoover High School Principal
- Bruce Ward, San Diego City Schools director of physical education, health & athletics
- Ian Pumpian, executive director San Diego State University Educational Collaborative
- Bruce Kaplan, director of commercial sales for Hoist Fitness Equipment
Sign up for ACE Press Alerts
ACE Brand AnthemWatch
ACE Logo StoryWatch
Get a more in-depth look at the work ACE has done in the past year, as well as the progress our country has made in responding to the obesity and chronic disease epidemics.View