- Continuing Education
Personal Training Workshop: Client Communication, Assessment and Program Design$159
|Provider:||ACE - American Council On Exercise|
|CEC Credits:||ACE 0.8 CECs , ACSM 8.0 CECs, NCBDE 8.0 Hours, NBHWC 8.0 Contact Hours, AFAA 8.0 CEUs, NASM 0.8 CEUs, NCSF 4.0 CEUs, NETA 8.0 CECs|
Successfully Lead Clients to a More Personalized Exercise Experience
Becoming a successful exercise professional is more than understanding training principles. If you’ve been wondering how to translate what you’ve learned to real-world application, this workshop will provide the foundational knowledge you need to start a personal training career.
With the ACE Integrated Fitness Training® (ACE IFT®) Model, you will learn a method of helping a variety of clients, with varying fitness goals, in a simple and straightforward way. You will be equipped with the necessary tools to correctly screen, assess and plan your clients’ workouts so you can lead them on the path to success, whatever that may be. And, you will learn to build rapport, identify stages of behavioral change, and factors influencing motivation and adherence, so you can foster long-term commitment among your clients.
For many health coaches and exercise professionals, understanding where to start clients in an exercise program is a challenge. With this workshop, you will be ahead of the pack.
You will learn:
- How to successfully develop rapport without moving into the investigative stage prematurely
- To identify stages of change, and understand interventions to progress from one stage to the next to facilitate behavioral change
- To competently perform a preparticipation health screening
- How to conduct physiological assessments and develop individualized exercise programs relevant to the clients' needs and goals that involve the core, balance, flexibility, body composition, aerobic fitness, and muscular endurance and strength
- To effectively implement principles of resistance and cardiorespiratory training
- To implement a variety of methods for monitoring exercise intensity
- The mechanical and neurological properties of stretching and to perform a variety of stretching modalities
Please note that there are no pre-requisite educational requirements for the Personal Training workshop.
For registration questions, please call ACE Educational Services at 800.825.3636, Ext. 782. For details on refunds or rescheduling your workshop, please view the ACE Refund/Reschedule Policy.
Register Early and Save
Save 15% when you register for an ACE Workshop at least 30 days in advance.
This was a highly beneficial workshop. Matt Sommer did an outstanding job explaining and apply the principles of the ACE IFT Model. It was beneficial to see him demonstrate the movement patterns and how they directly affected the four phases of this model.
I was disappointed in this workshop. We spent the whole time going over assessments and did not really cover the IFT Model at all. I liked the instructor, though. He was knowledgeable and had indicated that the book had recently been rewritten. I think the materials need to be looked at again or the workshop renamed Assessments 101.
Keep on the Cutting Edge
Receive unique offers and information on specialist programs, workshops, free webinars and more.
The American Council on Exercise reserves the right to discontinue the sale and/or support of any continuing education course at any time, in order to cancel, correct, or update content based on current industry standards, guidelines, and/or technological advances. Notification will be given six months prior to expiration to allow for course completion. No refund will be given for expiring courses.