|Provider:||ACE - American Council On Exercise|
|CEC Credits:||ACE 0.0 CECs|
Applying Behavior Change Strategies to the Unique Challenges of Weight Management Clients
The American Psychological Association’s 2021 “Stress In America” survey found 61% of Americans reported undesirable weight change during the past year. And with 67% of Americans reporting they feel more stressed since the pandemic, the need is higher than ever for a “deep health” approach to weight change that supports all aspects of health, not just physical health.
This “deep health” approach is supported by data from over 100,000 Precision Nutrition coaching clients, which suggests that when coaches teach crucial skills and help clients practice foundational behaviors regularly, they can transform their bodies, habits and lives in significant ways. In this video training, you’ll learn a habit-based approach built for individuals impacted by busy and stressful lives.
You’ll be led by Karin Nordin, PhD, a member of the curriculum team at Precision Nutrition, where she acts as a subject matter expert on change psychology. Centered on health behavior change, small daily actions and compassion, you’ll walk away with the tools you need to help clients change their bodies by changing their minds. Want to learn more from Precision Nutrition? Check out Behavior Change Strategies for Weight Management.
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Troubleshoot stubborn change obstacles and guide clients through difficult situations using a systematic coaching process
- Understand and apply the tools needed to facilitate and support deep health
- Identify signs of a fixed mindset in clients and respond in ways that encourage a growth mindset so that clients are better prepared for obstacles and setbacks
- Anticipate common obstacles during the assessment, goal setting, monitoring and evaluation stages
- Understand advanced psychological blocks clients experience in attempting weight change and management, and learn to help boost clients’ self-efficacy
Keep on the Cutting Edge
Receive unique offers and information on specialist programs, workshops, free webinars and more.
The American Council on Exercise reserves the right to discontinue the sale and/or support of any continuing education course at any time, in order to cancel, correct, or update content based on current industry standards, guidelines, and/or technological advances. Notification will be given six months prior to expiration to allow for course completion. No refund will be given for expiring courses.