0.1 ACE CECs
- Continuing Education
How We Got It All Wrong: Nutrition Recommendations for Heart Health
|Provider:||ACE - American Council On Exercise|
|CEC Credits:||ACE 0.1 CECs , NBHWC 1.0 CECs|
Is it possible that for 30 years, the Federal Guidelines for heart health were completely wrong? Why is it that obesity increased significantly after the introduction of the low-fat guidelines? Is it okay to eat red meat and eggs again? What is worse—sugar or fat? Is it true that all chronic disease is related to inflammation? In this webinar, registered sports dietitian Justin Robinson will provide a clear answer to all of these and help you answer the same questions for your clients.
You will learn:
- About the research that led to previous heart health and dietary guidelines
- How the development of atherosclerosis is connected to the inflammatory process
- The role of Omega-6-to-Omega-3 ratio in inflammation and heart health
- The role of Saturated Fat in inflammation and heart disease
- How dietary fats influence lipid profile
- The 7 Metrics for Cardiovascular Health
Watch now free of charge and buy the continuing education quiz to earn 0.1 ACE CEC.
Keep on the Cutting Edge
Receive unique offers and information on specialist programs, workshops, free webinars and more.
The American Council on Exercise reserves the right to discontinue the sale and/or support of any continuing education course at any time, in order to cancel, correct, or update content based on current industry standards, guidelines, and/or technological advances. Notification will be given six months prior to expiration to allow for course completion. No refund will be given for expiring courses.