Part Two of SFA's Long Term Care Fitness Leader educational program is more advanced in nature. You will learn how to provide safe, effective fitness programming that can help restore health and hope to frail elderly and disabled older adults in nursing homes, adult day-care centers, and assisted living environments.
Learn how to work productively with regard to stroke, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and other serious medical concerns. Lead model chair-seated exercise classes, wheelchair sports, and mental fitness activities. Learn strategies for fighting depression, enhancing self-esteem, increasing functional independence, and improving quality of life.
Your Long Term Care Fitness Leader, Part Two program includes:
* Long Term Care Fitness Leader training manual ... 110 page, 8.5x11, comb boundPhysiology manual ... 90 page, 8.5x11, comb bound
* SFA Study Questions booklet ... 220 multiple-choice questions
* Functional assessments training video ... 40 minute DVD
* Complete instructions and all required testing materials
* Accepted for 15 hours credit (1.5 CEUs) by most fitness organizations
Successful completion of Part Two requires achieving an 80 percent score on the open book, multiple-choice test included with your study materials.
Prerequisite: Enrollment in Long Term Care Fitness Leader, Part One is required to successfully complete this program.