Are you sick and tired of hearing athletic trainers say that Pilates is not functional? Learn why this myth is wrong. Examine some of the most powerful Pilates exercises and learn how they relate to functional training and movement. Discover why Pilates is one of the most awesome and effective methodologies for conditioning—even for functional fitness.
- Contrast functional training and functional movement.
- Detail the reason(s) a client is unable to perform a Pilates exercise properly.
- Explain why Pilates is a strength program.
- List the layers of muscles and their role in Pilates training.
- Contrast Pilates with reps-sets-load training.
- Explain the physiological adaptations of Pilates training.