Working with children and teenagers requires special knowledge of leadership and instruction methods as well as guidelines for aerobic exercise, muscle strength and endurance drills. Learn in-depth strategies to building fitness programs and cues to help you better explain and demonstrate fundamental movement for children.
You will learn:
- To explain the benefits of youth fitness to parents and potential youth clients
- Fitness assessments appropriate for youth
- Youth fitness guidelines for aerobic, flexibility, muscle strength and endurance exercise
- To design a basic exercise program for children and teenagers
- Appropriate leadership and instruction techniques including adding variety, alternating exercise intensities, offering feedback, and enlisting parent support
- Nutrition and hydration guidelines for children and teenagers