- There was a simple, systematic approach to exercise programming that was relevant, appropriate, effective and adaptable for ANY client’s unique characteristics.
- There were customized fitness programs and progressions for ALL individuals for cardiorespiratory, functional, resistance, balance, flexibility and core training.
- Personal trainers could determine each client’s readiness to change, and then implement effective strategies to promote trust, healthy behaviors and program adherence.
- Personal training could consistently provide positive and memorable experiences that would drive participation and retention.
Imagine no more. Whether a client is just beginning to exercise after years of sedentary living, or is an elite-level athlete trying to fine tune their performance, the new ACE Integrated Fitness Training® (ACE IFT®) Model from the American Council on Exercise provides an innovative, systematic and comprehensive approach to achieve lasting results. Integrating assessments and programs to facilitate rapport, adherence, self-efficacy and behavior change, the model provides the blueprint for personal trainers to design exercise programs that improve posture, movement, flexibility, balance, core function, cardiorespiratory fitness, muscular endurance and strength for all clients.
Join us for this free online course providing an introduction to the new ACE IFT Model for exercise program design in the convenience of your own home, using a self-paced approach.
Upon successful completion you will be able to:
- Discuss the components and variables of a well-designed exercise program to address both the needs and wants of a client.
- Describe a model for exercise program design where the underlying principle is to first help clients by implementing strategies to change their behavior in order to make exercise a part of their lives.
- Understand how to design an exercise program to help a client progress from foundational stabilization and mobilization exercises all the way to advanced drills to enhance athletic performance.