0.2 ACE CECs
- Continuing Education
Functional Anatomy: The Secret to Efficient Movement
|Provider:||IDEA Health and Fitness Association|
|CEC Credits:||ACE 0.2 CECs|
Improve Movement Efficiency and Function in Your Clients
Movement in life is multidimensional and fluid. As an exercise professional, it is important to improve your clients’ movement efficiency to support their daily activities. It is equally important for you to have a strong foundation of anatomy and biomechanics to support exercise selection and program design. Taught by Lauren Shroyer, MS, ATC, ACE Senior Director of Product Development, this course explores anatomy in its real-world context and provides progressive exercise techniques to impact movement and enhance function for clients of all fitness levels, from beginners to athletes. Anatomy and biomechanics have never been more exciting!
You will learn:
- The impact of ground reaction force on exercise selection
- The length-tension relationship
- To apply exercises for agonist and antagonist synergy
- How concentric and eccentric contractions apply to every day movement patterns
- The natural movement of the kinetic chain during gait
- Exercises to improve fluidity of movement to the five primal movement patterns
Very informative and well taught. Lauren is a great presenter!
American Council on Exercise reserves the right to discontinue the sale or support of any product at any time, to remove, correct, or update content based on current industry standards, guidelines, or technological advances. Notification will be given to those who have purchased such products six months prior to expiration. No refund will be given for expiring products.