ACE Symposium brings together hundreds of fitness professionals from across the country each year to share the latest products and research to hit our industry. And each year, our event wouldn’t be possible without the efforts of our hardworking staff.
We have two events in 2013—ACE West in San Diego on May 16−18 and ACE East in Orlando on Oct. 17−19—and we need your help with both.
We’re looking for Symposium volunteers for a variety of areas including registration, equipment setup and breakdown, session monitors, logistics and administrative.
Are There Any Benefits?
We know our volunteers are an essential part of our events’ success, so we want to make sure they get to experience all the fun Symposium has to offer. If selected to be part of our team, you will receive the following:
- Access to the ACE Symposium vendor showroom and lecture series when not working as a volunteer
- All the same ACE Symposium benefits as attendees, including continuing education credits (CECs) for attended sessions, meals, giveaways and activities
- A volunteer T-shirt to wear for your shift
Am I Eligible?
To ensure our event runs as smoothly as possible, we have a few requirements for our volunteers. Preference is given to individuals who have previously volunteered for ACE, but new applicants are always welcome and needed. Applications are processed in the order they are received, so it’s best to submit your information as soon as possible.
- Hold an ACE Personal Trainer, Group Fitness Instructor, Health Coach or Advanced Health and Fitness Specialist certification
- Be available to work one 12-hour shift (includes lunch break) during their choice of either ACE West or ACE East
- Be responsible for their own travel, accommodations and expenses to their choice of either ACE West or ACE East
- Attend the mandatory volunteer meeting for ACE West on May 15, 2013, in San Diego, or the mandatory volunteer meeting for ACE East on October 16, 2013, in Orlando
How Do I Apply?
If you are eligible and interested in applying, simply complete our online application today.
How Do I Know if I Am Selected?
All applicants should be notified whether they’ve been accepted before ACE West early-bird discount registration rates expire on February 15, 2013. At that time, you will have an opportunity to accept or decline the offered position.
We get a huge response every year with this volunteer opportunity due to the value it offers our ACE professionals. It’s exciting to see so much interest, and making a decision on the final volunteer team is definitely a challenge. We do a thorough review of all applications and conduct interviews of the final candidates to ensure they are the best fit for our program.
How Can I Learn More?
To learn more, visit ACEfitness.org/Symposium or contact Brianna Ferdinand at Brianna.ferdinand@ACEfitness.org. We look forward to hearing from you and meeting the newest members of the ACE volunteer team.
APPLY TO BE A VOLUNTEER NOW