- 2 ripe pears, peeled, quartered and cored
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 1 large leek, pale green and white parts only, halved lengthwise, sliced and washed thoroughly
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 cups vegetable broth, or reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2/3 cup crumbled Stilton, or other blue-veined cheese
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh chives, or scallion greens
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Combine pears, squash, tomatoes, leek, garlic, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper in a large bowl; toss to coat. Spread evenly on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 40 to 55 minutes. Let cool slightly.
Place half the vegetables and 2 cups broth in a blender; puree until smooth. Transfer to a large saucepan. Puree the remaining vegetables and 2 cups broth. Add to the pan and stir in the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Cook the soup over medium-low heat, stirring, until hot, about 10 minutes. Divide among 6 bowls and garnish with cheese and chives (or scallion greens).
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 235
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 6g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Potassium: 700mg
- Sodium: 721mg
- Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2