- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika, preferably Hungarian
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
Pat chicken strips dry. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, until no trace of pink remains, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
Reduce heat to medium and add the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to the pan. Add onions and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic and paprika; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add broth and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Stir in bell pepper. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the peppers are softened and the sauce is slightly thickened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the reserved chicken and cook, uncovered, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Sprinkle with dill and serve immediately.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 234
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fat: 7g
- Protein: 30g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Potassium: 523mg
- Sodium: 263mg
- Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 4 very lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1