- 3 ounces smoked trout fillet
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 4 cups diced cooked potatoes, or frozen hash-brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, divided
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
Remove skin from trout and flake fish, removing any bones. You should have about 2/3 cup.
Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallions and sauté until they start to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add potatoes and cook, stirring, until they brown in spots and become crusty, 7 to 8 minutes more.
Stir in milk and cook, scraping up any browned bits, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in trout and 2 tablespoons dill and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately, topped with sour cream and remaining 1 tablespoon dill.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 434
- Carbohydrates: 70g
- Fat: 8g
- Protein: 21g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Potassium: 1507mg
- Sodium: 69mg
- Exchanges: 4 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 4