- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 teaspoons chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, (see Note)
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels, (from about 2 ears; see Note)
- 1 cup ice water
- 2 tablespoon lime juice, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
To prepare soup: Toast cumin in a small skillet over low heat, stirring, until just fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
Combine tomatoes, onion, 2 tablespoons cilantro and chipotle in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the toasted cumin, corn, ice water, lime juice and salt; stir to combine. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour or until ready to serve.
To prepare cilantro yogurt: Puree yogurt and the remaining 1/4 cup cilantro in a blender or food processor until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve (it will thicken slightly as it stands).
To serve, divide the soup among 4 bowls and garnish each with a generous swirl of cilantro yogurt.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 128
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fat: 2g
- Protein: 7g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Potassium: 827mg
- Sodium: 667mg
- Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1/2 reduced fat milk
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1